The prizes awarded in the Woodwork Competition this year are significant.
For each of the 6 Categories in the competition, 5 categories in the Open comp and 1 category in the Young Adult comp (14 to 16 yrs), there are two prizes available.
Second prize is a $25 gift certificate from the ‘Mighty Helpful’ guys at Mitre 10 in Port Elliot.
First prize is a $50 gift certificate from Carbatec, ‘The Home of Woodworking’.
There is an additional competition for ‘People’s Choice – Best in Show’. This involves the public voting for their favourite entry on Saturday.
The entry that receives the most votes wins… it’s that simple.
The prize for Best in Show is a $50 gift certificate from Carbatec and a brand-new Arbortech woodworking tool worth over $350 straight from the Arbortech headquarters in WA.
The Best in Show competition has no categories; the prize is awarded to whatever entry is most beloved by the public on the Saturday of the Show.
You can enter up to 3 items in each of the categories for which you are eligible so there’s lots of chances to win. So why not have a go… fill in the entry form and get working on your big winner!
Rules and Conditions of Entry to Woodwork Competition
General Indoor Entry Details – Port Elliot Show 2022
Entries close last mail Friday, September 23, 2022.
No entry fees.
Please complete the entry form and post to:
Sue Thomas, Indoor Co–Ordinator
Port Elliot Show
PO Box 399 Victor Harbor 5211.
Phone: 0418 847 626
Conditions of Entry for Indoor Pavilion – Any previous prize–winning exhibit from the Port Elliot Show is not eligible to be entered into any future Port Elliot Shows.
Restriction of Entries for Woodwork Competition Only:
- A maximum of 3 entries per category may be accepted.
- All Indoor Sections only open to amateur exhibitors
- All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor.
- All Exhibits for Woodwork to be delivered to the MICHAEL SCOTT Pavilion between
8.30am & 12:00 noon on Friday, October 7, 2022.
- Any entries delivered after the closing time will not be accepted for judging.
- Exhibit cards which will be posted to you are to be firmly attached to the exhibit. Please also tear
off the top receipt as this is required to collect exhibits on Sunday.
- Young Adult sections are for 14 – 16 years as of the 1st of November in each show year. Open
classes 1st & 2nd place ribbons plus prizes awarded.
- Special awards and prizes will be awarded where indicated in all age groups.
The Scott Pavilion will be closed to the general public at 3.45pm on Sunday, October 9 to allow preparation time for collection of exhibits at 4pm.
Exhibits MUST only be collected between 4 and 5pm Sunday, October 9. If not collected, items will only be held until 5.30pm at the latest.